What we did - our role and activities
We designed, tested and developed a total working capital cook book – some elements of which are shown below:
Order to Cash
- Customer collection strategies.
- Collection methodologies and activity logging.
- Cash targeting to support DSO reduction.
- Dispute management principles, surfacing, logging and resolution.
Procure to Payment
- Payment guidelines and trigger dates.
- Supplier terms analysis and agreements.
- Guidelines for discount decisions for early payment v stockholding.
- Purchasing guidelines for PO use, maverick spend control and spend and category management.
- Guidelines and processes with details of typical tools and KPI’s.
- Analytical tools and techniques to identify excess stock.
- Identify stock drivers and root causes driving high inventories.
- Documented processes to address these root cause issues.
- Stock categorisation and stocking policies with customer service levels.
- Range & product life cycle management and obsolete stock management.
- Forecasting, order management and inventory metrics.