What we did - our role and activities
- To complete a scoping that confirmed the current performance and previous trends and set these against the best possible opportunities based on inventory and production cycle time, customer terms and supplier agreements.
Activities and Deliverables
- We wrote data requirements to extract the necessary information covering 2 years and agreed these with IT. The parameters were agreed at the outset alongside the output available from each data set .
- Completed a desk top scoping using WCC working capital models and then completed selected country and process reviews to confirm the analysis results. Analysis covered between 50 and 70 countries with influence on 80% of working capital value.
- Completed an assessment of available tools and procedures for group working capital management and prepared recommendations to develop a corporate “working capital tool kit” to establish leading practice across the business.
- Prepared results that illustrated by country and by division the historic performance, the gap to own best achievement and calculated the opportunity gap to terms of business.